Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version or go back to LFC Live.net
Premier League rivals are waiting for the outcome of Manchester City's case(Image: Joe Prior/Visionhaus via Getty Images)
The Premier League is reportedly braced for the prospect of being engulfed in legal warfare as clubs in the top-flight await the verdict on Manchester City‘s 115 charges.
City were charged with 115 alleged breaches of top-flight financial rules in February 2023 but have always denied the allegations.
Article continues below
An outcome to the case is expected anytime soon, but according to the i, the Premier League‘s lucrative race for the Champions League places faces the prospect of being engulfed in legal warfare in the coming month.
According to the report, clubs in the top-flight expect it to come 'imminently', but the process is shrouded in mystery, with nothing given away at last week’s Premier League shareholders meeting; however, the report says that the outcome is expected before the end of the season.
READ MORE:'I made the wrong decision' - Arne Slot admits Liverpool star should have started vs NewcastleREAD MORE:'They fit better' - Arne Slot makes blunt admission about Federico Chiesa and Harvey Elliott Liverpool roles
Speaking in the same report, football finance expert Kieran Maguire said: “It’s strange and it’s frustrating.
"I’ve been put on stand by about 10 times because ‘We’ve heard something is coming today’.
“I was out with somebody a little while ago who is quite senior and he said, ‘Everybody will be blindsided by it when it comes out’.
“He believes there is a very, very tightly run regime at present so anybody who claims to be ‘in the know’ or who has heard something is talking nonsense.”
Before he added: “We could still have the crazy situation of the judgement coming out but the tariffs being delayed, which would be incredible.”
Asked for an update on Friday, City's manager Pep Guardiola said: "No, no.
or three more weeks or four more weeks."
Speaking at the Financial Times' Business of Football Summit last month, Premier League CEO Richard Masters was asked to address the elephant in the room and explain when City are likely to discover their fate.
But in an unsurprisingly vague response, he refused to be drawn on the potential verdict date.
"You won't be surprised to hear that I won't be talking about this.
I can't," he said.
"I mean, the disciplinary panel has heard the case - and they must be left alone now to consider their decision and given the time and space to be able to do that.
Article continues below
"That is as pretty much as far as I can go."
For more news relating to Manchester City, visit our sister site City Latest Live.